So what is a Liebster award you may ask?! Well... it's an award that a blogger presents to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a really nice way to encourage others and to expand the blogging community. I'm chuffed to bits to have been nominated by the lovely and wonderful Sarah of Beauty With Brushes. You can pop over and have a peek at her blog too, I would highly recommend it....
So here's how it all works ("The Rules" so to speak) :
Thank your nominator and link their blog.
Give us 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you & also write 11 questions that you want to ask the people that you nominate.
Tag 5 or 11 other blogs for the award, they must have less than 200 followers. Make sure that you inform them that you've tagged them and send them a link to your blog post so that they can see what they have to do etc.
So here goes... 11 facts about me, enjoy!
1. I study Film & Broadcasting in DIT (Dublin Institute of Technology)... and I heart it muchos.
2. I am a very short person... #YOLOswag
3. I would LOVE to present E!News and Live from the Red Carpet with my gurls Giuliana Rancic and Kelly Osbourne #TheDream
4. I have the cutest puppy on the planet!
5. Watermelon and Strawberries are my fave fruits.
6. I went to boarding school for six years and made some of the craziest and most fab friends ever.
7. Dark plum lipstick is life.
8. I am going to marry Harry Styles, sorry y'all he's mine.
9. I want to write a book some day.
10. I spend most of my time reading fashion/ beauty blogs or watching fashion/ beauty YouTubers.
11. I totally fulfill the Irish stereotype of drinking tea at all times.
The 11 questions from Sarah of Beauty With Brushes:
1. When did you start your blog and why?
- I started my bog in July 2013 because I have loved reading blogs for a long time and I wanted to contribute to the community. From the outside looking in blogging seemed like such fun and I can tell you now that I was right, I love sitting down to write a post in the evenings.
2. What is your most expensive piece of makeup?
Hmmmm that's a tough one as I can't remember how much anything has cost me but I will hazard a guess that it may be my Dior eyeshadow palettes or my Nars sheerglow foundation.
3. What brand of brushes do you use?
- I have always been quite partial to the Body Shop brushes and I do have a few of them but I have started using Real Techniques and I'm obsessed.
4. What would you describe your style as?
- In my case it really just depends on the day, I have split fashion personalities. One day I will be loving Blair Waldorf style preppy chic and the next I will be wearing an oversized Levi's denim shirt (I blame it on the fact that I'm a Gemini) .
5. What is your favorite type/ pair of shoes?
- I have a pair of black ankle boots that I really love. They're from Zara and have a little heel with some cool spikes and embellishments. I am also a fan of Brogues and Loafers.
6. How and where do you store your makeup and brushes?
- I store my makeup in little boxes in a drawer of my wardrobe. All the lip products in one box, eye products in another etc. With my brushes I use cute mugs and jars to store them on the table in my bedroom.
7. What one item is always in your handbag?
- My phone is something that I couldn't possibly leave the house without (even though I am having a few technical difficulties in that area at the moment). As for makeup/ beauty items, I think it's supa dupa important to have whatever lip product your wearing that day with you for top ups and a travel sized bottle of perfume... sorry, I know that's more than one but I really can't travel light!
8. Do you own more high end or drugstore makeup?
- I have a little bit of a mixture but I would say that the majority is drugstore. I find stores like Boots amazing for makeup, I really do love Rimmel and Co. they are excellent brands with a fab price point.
9. What is your favorite TV show and why?
- Oooooh tough one! I am a bit of a reality TV lady (Kardashians, Made in Chelsea etc.) I also love a bit of E!News... I think it's just because I'm a really nosey person and like to know the inside scoop at all times. Other than that I have to say that Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl are addictions of mine. Storyline, characters, cast, fashion, and makeup are amazing in both!
10. Describe your skincare regime.
- I start by taking off my makeup using an oil based makeup remover, then I use an exfoliating face wash, next I go for a tea tree toner, then it's a gentle moisturizer for day or a heavy one for bed time.
11. Daddy or Chips?
CHIPS!!!!! Sorry dad... food first!
I really hope you guys enjoyed finding out a little more about me through this post. I'm sorry if some of my answers were a little long winded but I hope you found it interesting to read. Please don't forget to pop over and say hi to Sarah on www.beautywithbrushes.blogspot.ie as she's simply fab!
Now for the tagging:
I'm rather interested to find out some fun facts about these lovelies...
What I wanna know:
1. What is your favorite lipstick of all time (Brand, name/number, and shade description)?
2. When and why did you start blogging?
3. Do you prefer drugstore or high end makeup?
4. Who is you favorite fashion or beauty blogger or YouTuber? & why?
5. What is your number 1 dream career?
6. What's your favorite hair product or tool?
7. What's the coolest thing that's happened to you (in relation to your blog)?
8. Top fashion or beauty tip to always remember?
9. Number one essential item for your airplane hand luggage?
10. Favorite clothing brand and makeup brand (high end or high street)?
11. Your favorite season and why?
I'm so so excited to hear the answers to these questions and hope the ladies enjoy answering them...
I have linked my fave song of the moment just for fun... enjoy.
Speak to y'all soon,