Hey guys & gurls,
So today I wanted to share with you one of my very favorite skincare remedies for when your face just isn't feeling as fabulous as it should, a homemade chocolate facemask. This is perfect for both boys and girls so listen up! I find this mask great for moisturizing and nourishing your skin but clearing up spots at the same time. It does it all, I promise. About a year ago I was losing it with how bad my skin was getting. One night in a bid for freedom from this pattern of annoying skin I made a frantic search online for homemade remedies and all signs pointed me towards three household ingredients- salt, milk and dark chocolate. Simple. A year on from my discovery and I am still smitten with this mask, these days I use it about once every two weeks as a little treat for myself. So hands up who wants to know how to make this mask? Okay, here goes..
Ingredients and utensils:
One large bar of dark chocolate (80% is best)
Just under half a glass of milk
About four tablespoons of fine salt
A small pot, a spoon, and a heatproof bowl.
It is all fairly straightforward once you have your ingredients together:
1. Melt the chocolate in the pot over a low heat
2. Add your milk while stirring on a continuos basis
3. Pour in your salt.. still stirring
4. Once all of the ingredients have come together nicely, pour the mixture in to your bowl and let sit until room temp or less (we don't want any burnt faces)
5. When it is cool enough apply all over your face making sure to avoid your eyes and mouth. It is important that you have taken off your makeup before application.
6. Leave the mask on for about fifteen minutes and have some 'me time' while it works it's magic. Once the time is up just wash away with cold water and enjoy the results.
Please Note: If you feel any irritation just wash the mask off straight away and go have a chat with your doctor as you may be allergic to one of the ingredients. Safety first!
I hope you enjoy making your mask and having a fab face! Let me know in the comments how it worked for you and if anyone has any more amazing homemade skincare remedies then please do get in touch, I'd simply love to hear all about them.