I love pasta with just about anything but I have to say that this sauce is my favorite pasta topper to date.
Oil. Salt. Pepper. Garlic. Basil. Cherry Tomatoes. Tomatoes. Peppers. Onion. Aubergine. Passata Di Pomodoro. Tomato puree. Diet Cola. Courgette (I didn't have any when I was taking these pics but it tastes great with the recipe).
1. Get a large pot and heat your oil in it.
2. Add chopped onion to the pot and heat until sautéed. Also add chopped garlic at this point.
3. Add cherry tomatos and chopped normal tomatos to the pot and heat until they get softer.
4. While that is all happening get an un-oiled frying pan and place the pepper, aubergine, and courgette pieces on it to char a little. You don't want to burn them but this gives them a lovely smokey flavour.
5. Once step 4 is done you can add your Passata Di Pomodoro, lightly charred veg, tomato puree, and diet cola to the large pot with your tomatoes, garlic, and onion. Pop in the salt, pepper and basil now too.
6. Turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes (which is just enough time to cook some wholewheat pasta) and there yah go. Ready to eat. Enjoy!
Tag me in a pic of your efforts at this recipe if you decided to make it. Twitter - @thisis_aine or Instagram - @thisisaine, I'd love to see how yours turned out. Comment below telling me what your fave meal is.